- Location, Facilities & Visiting Campus
- Dean's Office Directory
- Dean's Leadership Council
- Mission, Vision & Strategic Priorities
- Rankings & Recognition
- College Profile: Facts & Figures
- The Marquette Difference
- External Engagement
- AACSB Accreditation
- Business Leaders Forum
- Social Media
Business Leaders Forum
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Keynote speaker Steve Cannon Chief Executive Officer of AMB Group, LLC presented: "Leading with Vision, Kindness and Optimism"
Steve Cannon Biography
Steve Cannon became chief executive officer of AMB Group, LLC, February 1, 2016, assuming the day-to-day leadership of the company’s for-profit businesses. Cannon leads all business operations of the National Football League’s Atlanta Falcons; Atlanta United of Major League Soccer; Mercedes-Benz Stadium; PGA TOUR Superstore; and Mountain Sky Guest Ranch.
Prior to joining AMB Group, Cannon served as president and chief executive officer of Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) and was responsible for leading operations that generated record sales with annual revenues exceeding $20 billion. During his tenure, MBUSA achieved a first-ever No. 1 ranking on the American Customer Satisfaction Index and was also lauded as one of the best places to work by Fortune Magazine five years in a row. Cannon oversaw MBUSA’s successful headquarters relocation from New Jersey to the metro Atlanta area, in addition to crafting a sports sponsorship strategy that closely aligned the premium brand with properties reflective of its category leadership and brand position.
About the Business Leaders Forum
Established in 1999, the Business Leaders Forum is a speaker series sponsored by Marquette University’s College of Business Administration. The forum provides a setting for nationally recognized business leaders to engage in discussions and interact with students, faculty and local business leaders. The program enables Marquette to build practical knowledge into its rigorous business curriculum, exploring current trends, issues and practices in business.
Marquette University has attracted leaders at the top of their respective professions to speak at the Business Leaders Forum, including Herbert V. Kohler, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Kohler Co.; Richard M. Schulze, founder and chairman of Best Buy; and James J. Mulva, chairman and CEO of ConocoPhillips.
The Kathleen and Frank Thometz Foundation has made the Business Leaders Forum speaker series possible through a special endowment.
- Daniel S. Jaffee, President and Chief Executive Officer of Oil-Dri Corporation of America “The Power of Culture and Ethics” 2017 (video)
- Dr. Charles L. Evans, President & CEO - Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, "A Perspective on Monetary Policy" 2015 (video)
- Thomas J. Falk, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Kimberly-Clark, "The Sustainable Enterprise," 2014 (video)
- Thomas C. Werner, Chairman, Boston Red Sox, and Chairman, Liverpool Football Club, 2013 (video)
- John Schlifske, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northwestern Mutual, 2012 (video)
- Jeff Joerres, chairman and chief executive officer, ManpowerGroup, 2011 (video)
Angela F. Braly, President and CEO, WellPoint, Inc., 2009 (video)
- James J. Mulva, Chair and CEO, ConocoPhillips, 2008
Richard M. Schulze, Founder and Chair, Best Buy, 2007
Herbert V. Kohler, Jr., Chair, CEO and President, Kohler, Co., 2006
Alexander M. (Sandy) Cutler, Chair and CEO, Eaton Corp., 2005
Kathy Hudson, Chair, CNH Global NV, 2005
Jeff Immelt, CEO, General Electric, 2004
John Morgridge, Chair, Cisco Systems, 2003
Don H. Davis, Jr., CEO, Rockwell Automation, 2002
Dick Burke, Chair, Trek Bicycle Corp., 2001
Wayne Sanders, CEO, Kimberly-Clark Corp., 2000